Setting up the Nivo Slider is really easy and it quickly provides an often impressive rendering of our slides
on a website. However, a feature I always wanted to see and use is the capability to choose different
pause times per picture as this slider is really worth such kind of thing.
In the meantime, I wished to set up a basic and user friendly trick to keep things simple and don't fear
people who don't want to dig code and other stuff...
So, here's a way to set different pause times depending on the slide and this only requires a copy/paste of
some HTML code in the appropriate section.
So enjoy, and tell me if things can be improved or anything you would like to clarify about this new tip!
A first step: the lines to add in the <head> section
• The above code is for a 5 Sec - 1 Sec - 1 Sec - 2,5 Sec sequence (4 slides), we set in the
• If you need to stop the slider on the last slide, use a pause time of 0 like in this example:
• If you need to assign a very short pause time on one of several slides, use a pause time of 10 like in
this example for slides 2,3 and 4:
• The next lines are only hiding the direction buttons in case the pause time is below two seconds.
This can be relevant in most cases but if you want to let the arrows always visible, simply download and
• When the slider starts (afterLoad), it is switched to stop mode in order to manage differently the
pause time that will be applied (Nivo Slider's pauseTime option is NOT used anymore).
• Then we need to assign the first pause time, this process will also be started each time a new slide is
Of course, if you need more details, you can post a comment, I'll be glad to answer you...